Direct detection to improve human, animal and environmental health.
Multistep processes add confusing data.
We’ve refined our detection assay to be fast, targeted and accurate. Achieving a new level of simple, safe, and reliable testing.
Jan Biotech’s system for direct detection of RNA uses our proprietary process which simplifies testing by:
- Using an Isothermal Process - no more cycling
- Going Enzyme Free - skip complicated setups
- Embracing Easier Sample Prep - eliminating touch points
- Simplifying Sample Collection - a simple blood draw
- Superior Data Analytics
- Stronger, Reliable Results
HIV infection is one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality, with over 36 million people across the globe living with HIV. In the U.S., 60% of HIV-infected people are under anti-retroviral treatment and pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP and PEP) has greatly reduced the risk of HIV acquisition and transmission.
However, without a simple test for cellular HIV RNA before virus is produced, no one knows when they can stop, or take less often, anti-retroviral drugs.
Jan Biotech’s assay is a simple method for quantification of HIV reservoir cells powered by direct detection of cell-based HIV RNA predictive of how long it will take for HIV virus to be produced.
Click here for Jan Biotech’s HIV Reservoir Computational Tool
Covid-19 variant tracking and prevalence is greatly hindered by the lack of quick, high-throughput methods for variant detection. Covid-19 variants of concern show greater transmissibility, morbidity and potential resistance to immunity provided by vaccines.
Jan Biotech’s RNAamp nonezymatic chemical amplification test has the potential to provide quick detection and discrimination of Covid-19 genetic variants. This sequence-specific, probe-based assay is highly suited as a high-throughput fluorescence test for molecular detection using nucleic acid-templated photoreduction of fluorogenic probes. This new technology provides a critically-needed solution for rapid community-based testing to facilitate real-time surveillance of Covid-19 variant spread.
The assay will allow remote and low resource area hospitals and medical centers to quickly and fully assess their community’s SARS-CoV-2 variant index, for real-time evidence-based health mandates. This is both an urgent and in all likelihood a long term need as new variants emerge.
Quick. NonInvasive. accurate. simple reliable results have endless impact.
Imagine knowing if there were a virus in your system BEFORE it proliferated in your blood. Accidental pokes would no longer be terrifying and start endless cautionary treatment. With JanBio, diagnosis is exact and treatments can be far more more specific - tailoring solutions to the individual and improving quality of life. You could go about your day knowing whether or not you have a problem, the capacity to transmit a virus, and even a timeliness for treatment.
- The Jan Biotech team has over 25 years of experience in biotechnology and molecular diagnostics development through the use of novel chemistries and technologies.
- We specialize in biotechnology diagnostics development.
- Using our patented technology, RNAamp, we are able to achieve direct detection of RNA at the cellular level.
Collaborators and Consultants
- Michael Keefer, MD, Medicine, Infectious Diseases, University of Rochester Medical Center, Center for AIDS Research (CFAR), University of Rochester
- Theresa Curtis, PhD, Biology, SUNY-Cortland
- NIST Center for Neutron Research
- Southern Research Institute
- NYS Department of Health, Wadsworth Center
- Steven Yukl, MD, Medicine, UCSF; Infectious Disease, SFVA
- Harris Gelbard , MD, PhD,Neurology, Neuroscience, Microbiology and Immunology, Pediatrics, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Jonathan Li, MD, MMSc, Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Division of Infectious Diseases, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
NEWS & RECENT PUBS
|Phase I-II Fast-Track SBIR||$2,291,256||"Sequence-Based RNA Assay to Measure HIV Reservoir for Treatment Decisions"|
|Phase I SBIR||$275,766||"Rapid COVID-19 Mutation Discrimination Test for Global SARS-CoV-2 Variant Surveillance"|
|Phase I STTR||$242,204||“Real-Time Spliced-RNA Detection to Quantify Latent HIV-Infected Cells in HAART Patients”|
|Phase I STTR Supplement||$40,000||NIH I-Corps Program for “Real-Time Spliced-RNA Detection to Quantify Latent HIV-Infected Cells in HAART Patients”|
|Phase I STTR Supplement||$74,352||Diversity Supplement for “Real-Time Spliced-RNA Detection to Quantify Latent HIV-Infected Cells in HAART Patients”|
|Phase I SBIR||$213,238||“Point-Of-Care Spliced RNA Diagnostic for Oral Detection of Replication-Competent Latent HIV-1 Infection”|
|Phase I SBIR||$288,893||“Development of a Control Kit for Latent HIV Diagnostics”|
|Phase I STTR||$150,000||“Hybrid Nano-Bio-Electronic Odor Detector”|
|Phase II SBIR||$2,997,824||“Real-Time Spliced-RNA Detection to Quantify Latent HIV-Infected Cells in HAART Patients”|
|Issued Patent U.S. Application No. 15/625,537||2017||“Fluorogenic Probes and their Use in Quantitative Detection of Target RNA Sequences”|
WORK WITH US
Jan Biotech is always open to collaborations with academic researchers and innovators to further our work in biotechnology and molecular diagnostics development. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in establishing a commercial partnership, joint venture and/or licensing arrangement with Jan Biotech, please contact email@example.com.
Jan Biotech is always looking for innovative thought leaders and welcomes inquiries from well qualified applicants. Please send resume and contact information to HR@janbiotech.com