Multistep processes add confusing data.
We’ve refined our detection assay to be fast, targeted and accurate. Achieving a new level of simple, safe, and reliable testing.
Developing superior suitability for standardization as encapsulated RNA controls. Jan Biotech’s system for direct detection of RNA uses our proprietary process which simplifies testing by :
- Using an Isothermal Process - no more cycling
- Going Enzymatic Free- skip complicated setups
- Embracing Easier Samle Prep - eliminating touch points
- Simplifying sample collection - we just need a blood draw
- Superior Data Retention
- Stronger, secure results
HIV infection is one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality, with over 36 million people across the globe living with HIV. In the U.S., 60% of HIV-infected people are under anti-retroviral treatment and pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) has greatly reduced the risk of HIV acquisition and transmission.
However, without a simple test for cellular HIV RNA before virus is produced, no one knows when they can stop, or take less often, anti-retroviral drugs every day of their lives.
Jan Biotech’s assay is a simple method for quantification of latent HIV-infected cells powered by direct detection of cell-based HIV RNA predictive of how long it will take for HIV virus to be produced.
Lyme disease is one of the fastest growing infectious diseases in the U.S., with an estimated 329,000 new cases of Lyme disease across 49 states. Misdiagnosis or delayed treatment occurs in up to 40% of Lyme disease cases, resulting in debilitating arthritis and neurological symptoms. Antibiotics are now prescribed in many areas of the U.S. after any confirmed tick bite.
A direct test for active Lyme disease infection would confirm that patient symptoms are indeed due to ongoing infection. This simple test would also diagnose early Lyme disease within the first two weeks after tick bite to reduce unnecessary antibiotic treatment.
Jan Biotech’s assay is a simple blood test for Lyme disease bacteria RNA, providing a result in 15 minutes to guide timely treatment decisions.
Quick. NonInvasive. accurate. simple reliable results have endless impact.
Imagine knowing if there were a virus in your system BEFORE it proliferated in your blood. Accidental pokes would no longer be terrifying and start endless cautionary treatment. With JanBio, diagnosis is exact and treatments can be far more more specific - tailoring solutions to the individual and improving quality of life. You could go about your day knowing whether or not you have a problem, the capacity to transmit a virus, and even a timeliness for treatment.
- The Jan Biotech team has over 25 years of experience in biotechnology and molecular diagnostics development through the use of novel chemistries and technologies.
- We specialize in biotechnology diagnostics development.
- Have achieved direct detection of RNA at the cellular level (RNAamp).
Collaborators and Consultants
- Michael Keefer, MD, Medicine, Infectious Diseases, University of Rochester Medical Center, Center for AIDS Research (CFAR), University of Rochester
- David Putnam, PhD, Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University
- Theresa Curtis, PhD, Biology, SUNY-Cortland, NIST Center for Neutron Research, Southern Research Institute, NYS Department of Health, Wadsworth Center
- Steven Yukl, MD, Medicine, UCSF; Infectious Disease, SFVA
- Harris Gelbard , MD, PhD,Neurology, Neuroscience, Microbiology and Immunology, Pediatrics, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Jonathan Li, MD, MMSc, Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Division of Infectious Diseases, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
NEWS & RECENT PUBS
|Phase I STTR||$242,204||“Real-Time Spliced-RNA Detection to Quantify Latent HIV-Infected Cells in HAART Patients”|
|Phase I STTR Supplement||$40,000||NIH I-Corps Program for “Real-Time Spliced-RNA Detection to Quantify Latent HIV-Infected Cells in HAART Patients”|
|Phase I STTR Supplement||$74,352||Diversity Supplement for “Real-Time Spliced-RNA Detection to Quantify Latent HIV-Infected Cells in HAART Patients”|
|Phase I SBIR||$213,238||“Point-Of-Care Spliced RNA Diagnostic for Oral Detection of Replication-Competent Latent HIV-1 Infection”|
|Phase I SBIR||$288,893||“Development of a Control Kit for Latent HIV Diagnostics”|
|Phase I STTR||$150,000||“Hybrid Nano-Bio-Electronic Odor Detector”|
|Phase II SBIR||$2,997,824||“Real-Time Spliced-RNA Detection to Quantify Latent HIV-Infected Cells in HAART Patients”|
|Issued Patent U.S. Application No. 15/625,537||2017||“Fluorogenic Probes and their Use in Quantitative Detection of Target RNA Sequences”|
WORK WITH US
Jan Biotech is always open to collaborations with academic researchers and innovators to further our work in biotechnology and molecular diagnostics development. For more information, please contact email@example.com
If you are interested in establishing a commercial partnership, joint venture and/or licensing arrangement with Jan Biotech, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jan Biotech is always looking for innovative thought leaders and welcomes inquiries from well qualified applicants. Please send resume and contact information to HR@janbiotech.com